Friday 28 October 2011

Happy Halloween!

I wanted to make something special for Halloween and nothing better for it than a surprise creepy crawly addition to my Insectopia collection: a Black Tarantula!


The Black Tarantula is a OOAK NuFace Erin doll flocked and repainted. Her hands have been blushed black almost up to her elbows. She wears a skin colour bodice with heavy black  beading and accentuated shoulders; a high waist shirt sculpted out of black sequins; and a pair of over knee armadillo boots with vintage fur embellishments. Her head is wrapped in tulle netting veil hat.


 

More photos at flickr

2 comments:

Vita Plastica said...

Gorgeous! I love the blushed black hands. They look like bad frostbite. I think tarantulas are beautiful and I love the way her fuzzy boots remind me of their legs. I love how your creations pay homage without being too literal.

universoplástico said...

I can ´t stop watching these photos. You really push yourself out.Likable trip for my eyes visiting this blog.