Thursday 14 July 2011

Praying Mantis - The 5th and final doll in the Insectopia Collection


I'm happy to present the 5th and final doll in the Insectopia Collection: the Praying Mantis. An predator that lures you in with her innocent looks.


The doll is a Nu.Face Erin completely repainted with artist acrylics and pastels sealed with UV coating. Her hair has been styled into two beaded buns wrapped in copper netting and her body blushed.


Her outfit consists of a gown of unique hand painted silk embellished with sequins and beads, a violet silk hose, a pair of thorny armadillo shoes painted gradient with metallic grades of green and pink, and she is crowned with a hand sculpted and painted hairpiece in the shape of mantis claws.

 
More photos at flickr

2 comments:

Dani said...

Every time I say it's your best work yet, you go and outdo yourself. Fantastic!

em`lia said...

Thank you. I do try to improve, but I'm always nervous will I live up to the people's expectations.