Tuesday 1 October 2013

Inamorata Update and Sneak Peeks of Cherub and Vertebrata

 
I know I've been pretty much MIA for a while, but what I've been doing is waiting for the long delayed LE fashions and designing the next LE project. I am happy to announce that the fashions for Cherub doll and Vertebrata loose fashion set have finally arrived and I'm working on the final quality check now. This means your patience is finally about to be rewarded and these items will be for sale within couple of weeks. I pack each item by myself so it takes a while and I still need to do the proper promo shoot with the new arrivals. However, while you wait for the photoshoot I thought I'd give you a few teasers!

Vertebrata gowns waiting to be packed


One time consuming step is that I try every item on a doll to make sure the fit is right and do something I call "wet sculpting". Wet sculpting is similar to ironing, but it's done on the doll's body to assure a perfect fit and requires no heat. This is how you do it:
1) Dress the garment on the doll and spray it lightly with water
2) Mold the fabric with you fingers into the curves of the doll
3) Let dry on the doll and enjoy!



The results are much better than simply ironing the garment. You can easily do this at home for all your doll fashions to really show off those curves. Just be careful not to wet sculpt dark fashions on light skinned dolls since there might be a risk of staining. It's safer to use a dark skinned girl or a doll dedicated for this process if you are not sure of the fabrics you are dealing with. I always stain test our fabrics before use and stain proof them if I notice any risk of staining.

Cherub bras drying on Inamorata busts after wet sculpting

 
Cherub bra before and after the wet sculpting. See the difference?


And an added note about Wet Sculpting: Lori posted on Prego that "water will watermark silk taffeta, silk satin, silk charmeuse and habotai as well as the chiffons." Both colour variations of the Vertebrata gowns are 100% silk, one dupioni and the other silk satin, and there were no water marks left on them. I think it might have to do with the "hardness" or chalk consistency of the water. In the areas where you have to use water softening agents in laundry and dish washers the water might stain differently. Maybe if one uses bottles drinking water instead of tap water it might be safer? It's hard to say with so different tap waters around the world. Here in China the tap water is so bad I cannot even use it in my iron as it would ruin the machine so I use bottled water for it and for spraying the fabrics too. In Finland the water is so pure I never had any trouble.

I will let you know as soon as I'll have a sales date. Hope you are as exited as I am after all this waiting!

Also, don't forget to support the Metro Dolls Style Evolution charity auction event next Sunday. I have donated a OOAK Inamorata doll called Grès from my Petrographie collection for the event and Metro Dolls accepts bids by proxy in their auction in case you cannot be there in person.

Grès - OOAK Inamorata Nnaji from Petrographie collection


 

No comments: